According to DCMA’s latest market research report, the data center colocation market in APACis expected to generate revenue of around $10 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of over 12% during the period 2018−2023. In terms of data center construction, the APAC region is among the fastest growing region with increased investment from both global and local data center operators. The APAC region has and will be a preferred market for cloud service and global colocation providers.
Key Topics Covered:
- Market Definition - An overview of the data center colocation market in APAC
- Market Segmentation - Infrastructure, service type, and geography.
- Market Dynamics - Presence of market enablers, restraints, and trends
- Market Size &Forecast - Revenue of the data center colocation market in APAC
- Porter’s Five Force Analysis - Highlighting the competitive scenario of the market and Recognizing the success of the market strategy
- Competitive Scenario - Information about mergers and acquisitions and strategic collaborations
- Vendors - Profiling of leading vendors and other prominent vendors in terms of strategy, strengths, and weaknesses
- Takeaways - Key recommendations and suggestions for vendors and major service providers for the data colocation market in APAC.
Increased construction of data centers by cloud service providers, migration from in-house to colocation facilities, increased submarine fiber cable deployments, usage of renewable energy for data centers, and growth of big data & IoT are a few important growth enablers and trends to be witnessed by the data center colocation market in APAC during the forecast period.
- There is a growing demand for colocation spaces among sectors such as BFSI, cloud service providers, media and entertainment, and government agencies.
- China and Hong Kong dominate the APAC market with a share of around 30%, followed by SEA (28%), and the rest of APAC (23%).
- Colocation providers are expanding their existing capacity, which is likely to drive market revenue by over 10% during the forecast period.
- Over 20 submarine cable projects are under construction, which will be a major boost for data center development in the APAC region.
- It is expected that 75% of data centers will be cloud-enabled by 2023, as most B2B and B2C services will be offered to end-users through the cloud.
Key Vendors of data center colocation market in APAC:
Major vendors –
- 21Vianet (Century Internet Data Center), China Telecom Global, Equinix, GDS Holdings Ltd., Global Switch, NTT Communications, and Singtel.
Other prominent vendors –
- Bharti Airtel (NXTRA DATA),Biznet Data Center, BSNL Data Center, China Mobile, China Unicom, CMC Telecom, Chunghwa Telecom (CHT),Colt Data Centre Services (COLt DCS), Cyxtera Technologies, Datacom, Digital Realty, Fujitsu, Keppel DC, KT Corp., NEXTDC, OneAsia Network Ltd., PCCW Solutions, Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT), Pi DATACENTERS, PT Telkom Group (Telin), Reliance Communications (Global Cloud Xchange),Sify Technology,Sinnet, ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (STT GDC), SUNeVision (iAdvantage), Telehouse, Telstra Corp., VADS Berhad, VNTT, and Vocus Communications.
Data Center Market Analysis (DCMA) is an exclusively dedicated research firm providing high-quality data center market research reports and consultancy services. We are steadfast in our resolve to offer informed perspectives about the data center industry to major players, vendors, and organizations that help them further to improve and increase the efficacy of data center operations.
Our reports are embedded with far-sighted perceptions and prophetic insights about industry and market dynamics. Not only they offer granular perspectives about market projections and segments but also offer viewpoints about prominent vendors and critical players in the market.
We welcome your comments and feedback. For business enquires:
Call: US +1 312-233-2770
UK +44 131-618-6900