According to DCMA’s latest research report, the data center market in India is expected to generate revenue of around $4 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of over 8% during the forecast period 2019−2024. The growth of the internet and the penetration of smartphones will be the driving factors for the rise of the data center market in India during the forecast period. By the end of 2018, there were around 510 million internet users in India and around 450 million smartphone users. India has a very low average fixed broadband speed of 20–40 Mbps. The increase in average broadband speed has potential to increase data traffic five-fold during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
- Market definition - Overview of the data center market in India
- Market segmentation - IT Infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, tier standards, general construction, and geography
- Market dynamics - Extensive study of the presence of market enablers, restraints, and trends
- Market size & forecast - Revenue of the data center market in India
- Porter’s Five Force Analysis - Highlighting the competitive scenario of the market and Recognizing the success of the market strategy
- Competitive Scenario - Information about mergers and acquisitions and strategic collaborations
- Vendors – Profiling of leading vendors and other prominent vendors in terms of strategy, strengths, and weaknesses
- Takeaways– Offers key recommendations and suggestions for vendors and significant service providers about the market.
A few growth enablers and trends of the data center market in India are the adoption of cloud-based services by business and enterprises, the increased investment from colocation providers, the inclination of government organizations toward developing digital platforms, the adoption of big data and IoT, increase in adoption of converged and hyper-converged infrastructure platforms, increased interest to improve data center efficiency, and growth in the rack power density.
- NTT Netmagic, CtrlS, Reliance (Global Cloud Xchange), ITI Limited, Sifty Technologies, GPX Global Systems, and STTelemedia GDC (Tata Communications) were the leading data center investors in 2018.
- New entrants such as Bridge Data Center and Cold DCS are investing over $300 million in the hyperscale data center facility construction, which is likely to be operational by 2020
- In terms of geography, the country witnessed increased development of facilities in cities such as Mumbai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
- The number of facility development with area of 50,000 square feet and over 15 MW of power capacity has increased drastically in the past two years in the market.
- The revenue of the data center market in India is contributed significantly by IT infrastructure.
Data center critical (IT infrastructure) providers –
- Atos, Arista, Broadcom, HPE, Cisco, Dell Technologies, Huawei, IBM, Lenovo, and NetApp.
Data center investors –
- Bharti Airtel (NXTRA DATA), Bridge Data Centres, BSNL Data Center, Colt Data Centre Services (COLT DCS), CtrlS, GPX Global Systems, ITI Limited, NTT Communications (Netmagic), Pi DATACENTERS, Reliance Communications (Global Cloud Xchange), Sify Technology, ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (STT GDC), and Zoho.
Data Center Market Analysis (DCMA) is an exclusively dedicated research firm providing high-quality data center market research reports and consultancy services. We are steadfast in our resolve to offer informed perspectives about the data center industry to major players, vendors, and organizations that help them further to improve and increase the efficacy of data center operations.
Our reports are embedded with far-sighted perceptions and prophetic insights about industry and market dynamics. Not only they offer granular perspectives about market projections and segments but also offer viewpoints about prominent vendors and critical players in the market.
We welcome your comments and feedback. For business enquires:
Call: US +1 312-233-2770
UK +44 131-618-6900