According to DCMA’s latest market research report, the global data center colocation market is expected to generate revenues of around $31 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of over 8% during the period 2018−2023. Colocation providers are investing significantly in the construction of data centers with an area of over 200,000 square feet. The emergence of edge computing is fostering colocation data center development in the secondary data center market. Colocation data center operators are also partnering with local utility providers to reduce power consumption and colocation pricing costs.
Key Topics Covered:
- Market Definition - An overview of the global data center colocation market
- Market Segmentation - Infrastructure, service type, and geography
- Market Dynamics - Detailed study of the presence of enablers, restraints, and trends
- Forecast and Market Sizing - Revenue of the global data center colocation market
- Porter’s Five Force Analysis - Highlighting the competitive scenario of the market and Recognizing the success of the market strategy
- Competitive Scenario - Information about mergers and acquisitions and strategic collaborations
- Vendors - Profiling of leading vendors and other prominent vendors in terms of strategy, strengths, and weaknesses
- Takeaways - Key recommendations and suggestions for vendors and significant service providers for the global data center colocation market.
The increasing demand for colocation services, including cloud computing, tax incentives, data regulations, cloud connectivity, and hybrid infrastructure is a major growth enabler of the global data center colocation market. Further, the increased adoption of renewable energy sources among data centers, growth in rack power density, and increased demand for edge data centers are key growth trends of the market.
- Colocation providers are building hyperscale facilities, spanning over 200,000 square feet with a rack power density of up to 50 kW.
- The US is one of the largest countries operating in the market, with around 300 colocation service providers.
- Equinix, Digital Realty, CyrusOne, Interxion, NTT Communications, and Switch are the major market growth contributors across the world.
- The cost of colocation is up to 30% low in the European region, aided by reduced bandwidth cost.
- Over 30 submarine cable projects are under construction, which will be a major boost for data center development in the developing countries.
Key Vendors of global data center colocation market:
Major vendors –
- CyrusOne, China Telecom Global, Digital Realty, Equinix, Interxion, NTT Communications, and Switch.
Other prominent vendors –
- 21Vianet (Century Internet Data 1Center), 3data, Ascenty, Axtel, Atman, Bell Canada, China Mobile, China Unicom, Chunghwa Telecom, Colt Data Centre Services (Colt DCS), CoreSite Realty, Cyxtera Technologies, Datacom, Digiplex, Flexential (Peak 10 & ViaWest), GDS Holding Limited, Global Switch, Hydro66, Iliad Data Center, IXcellerate, Keppel DC, CenturyLINK (Level 3), Liquid Telecommunication, Mobily, NEXTDC, OneAsia Network, Ooredoo, PCCW Solutions, Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT), Quality Technology Services (QTS), Singtel, Sinnet, ST TelemediaGlobal Data Centres(STT GDC), SUNeVision (iAdvantage), Telefónica, Telehouse, PT Telkom Group (Telin), PT Telkom Group (Telin), Teraco Data Environments, Urbacon Data Center Solutions, VADS Berhad, Vantage Data Center, and Zayo Group.
Data Center Market Analysis (DCMA) is an exclusively dedicated research firm providing high-quality data center market research reports and consultancy services. We are steadfast in our resolve to offer informed perspectives about the data center industry to major players, vendors, and organizations that help them further to improve and increase the efficacy of data center operations.
Our reports are embedded with far-sighted perceptions and prophetic insights about industry and market dynamics. Not only they offer granular perspectives about market projections and segments but also offer viewpoints about prominent vendors and critical players in the market.
We welcome your comments and feedback. For business enquires:
Call: US +1 312-233-2770
UK +44 131-618-6900